Sarah's Story

Monday, February 01, 2010

January 2010

I have been home six weeks! There have been so many "firsts" this month, I don't really know where to start.....

First friend

I have a friend named Karen. She lives on my street. I play with her several times each week. Her grandparents watch her while her mama goes to work. They only speak Chinese. I understand more of what they say than Mama does. Karen and I have fun sliding, playing ball and running around her house.

First trip to the Public Library

I played with puzzles, looked at books and climbed up to the reading nook. I have since been back to the library to check out books.

First time dancing with my Papa

My Mama signed me up for a dance class on Saturday mornings. My teacher is a good friend of my parents. We dance in ballet slippers and tap shoes. My favorite dance is the scarf dance. Our teacher gives us all scarves and we wave them around in time to the music. My friend, Karen joined my dance class with me. Her mama dances with her!



First trip to the Children's Museum

Mama and I went to the museum with some friends from church. I shopped at the kid's grocery store, played with computers and knocked down block towers.

First ride on a merry-go-round

I wasn't sure that sitting atop a wooden horse was such a good idea. Then everything began to move and I realized that this ride had it all! I can't wait to ride again.

First swim

Mama & Papa took me to the YMCA to try out swimming. What were they thinking? Me, in water???? I let them know right away what I thought by hanging onto Mama's neck with my famous death grip and yelling really loud. But my crazy parents persisted and in a few minutes I let go and splashed water. I went to the pool the other day. I liked floating in the pool with Mama. Now I can't wait to go again.

I had a great January. So did Mama. She took more than 200 pictures of me. I hope you enjoyed the few she posted.

Now on with February!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home