Sarah's Story

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 10 – Medical Exam Day



December 12 – Before I can apply for an American visa, I have to have a health exam. I did this today. Jenny and I (and our families) boarded a bus bound for the medical offices. It was a long bus ride; we could have walked there quicker. It was hot and crowded in the medical office. We had to stand in a long line with other American parents and their newly adopted children. I was ok with being weighed, having my head measured and having my hearing checked. I was not okay with the doctor checking my mouth.

Mama was not feeling well all day. She had a terrible headache. So Aunt Terry and I wandered the streets around the hotel and looked at all the interesting shops. There is so much to look at here! It is also very warm and I don’t have to wear my winter coat.

Later in the day, Mama was feeling better, so we decided we would find a place to eat supper. We chose a Thai restaurant a short walk from the hotel. Actually it was very close to the medical offices we visited earlier in the day. Now I realize that walking would have been quicker, but I am glad we took the bus because it was easier on my mama and the other families.

I am enjoying our hotel. It is the Holiday Inn. The room is huge and I have lots of room to play! Our window looks out over a walking street. It is very colorful and it is fun to watch the people walking, shopping and eating.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home