Sarah's Story

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Day 5 – Where I meet my Mama

December 7 – Today I met my mama. The people from the orphanage brought me into her hotel room. She was standing in front of the window waiting for me. She smiled at me a held me in her arms. After the people who brought me left, mama put me on the bed to take look at me. I was dressed in two layers of clothes; orange and white pajamas and a quilted red outfit.




Mama told me that I smelled good and then she kissed me. All I wanted to do was play with my stacking cups. After a while mama gave me a small bottle of water that I could carry around. She was very surprised to see how well I walked around. I even climbed into the crib that was in the room.

Then we went upstairs to visit Jenny and her family. Jenny and I came from the same orphanage. She is younger than me and doesn’t yet walk. She does pull herself up and I had a good time watching her.

My first day with my mom was pretty good…I didn’t cry too much; only right before I took a nap. I did fall asleep on the floor in Jenny’s room.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry we missed you on Skype the other day. I was in our annual ambulance squad meeting and we had commissioner elections. Sarah is so cute! Have a safe trip back. We'll be leaving for Florida on the 19th, so we should be able to meet Sarah when the two of you return to the states.

    Brian

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Rita said…

    [SMILE] HOORAY!!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Julie G said…

    Yippee! So glad to see Sarah and her Mama together at last. I tried to find the "box" to send an email but didn't see it. If anyone else knows where it is maybe you could leave advice in your comment? Sarah is ADORABLE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home