Sarah's Story

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where My Parents Find Out Who I Am

Today at 12:30 PM, my mom and dad talked to their adoption agency who told them a little bit about me.

I was born on July 6, 2008 in the Gansu Provence of China. The Gansu Provence is close to Mongolia.

I currently have the name Wu Ao Jia. Maybe my parents will find someone who can tell them what my name means.

They are still waiting to see the papers from China that will give them more information about me...and photos they can scan and upload.

My parents are very very very happy! Their friend Sandra took a photo of their file and emailed them three small pictures of me. I think they are going a bit overboard with the multiple prints on their color printer. They promise to put up pictures soon!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Julie G said…

    Congratulations Sarah, on finding your parents! You don't know it yet, but you are about to go through lots of changes. Try not to worry too much, because you are coming home to parents who have already loved you and waited for you for a very long time. You have a lot to look forward to. Can't wait to see your pictures!

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Diana said…

    Congratulatons. Are you in the same group as SanRN from RQ? It sounds like you have been referred a little girl from Wu Wei. Gansu girls are bright, fun energetic and boy oh boy...smart! How do I know, my wonderful smart and energetic 6 1/2 year old is from Wu Wei. Enjoy Langzhou; its off the beaten tract...much, much different from other parts of China..
    Congrats again. CTG from RQ

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger imajine said…

    I am so excited for you Mary
    pam
    farmington, NH
    LID3/27/06

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    We have a wee Wu (not so wee anymore!) from Wuwei, too!! Congratulations! Can't help you with the meaning of the given name without knowing the characters - girls from Wuwei often have characters of their names that are not usual name characters. But the "Wu" surname comes from Wuwei city, and means military strength. Your daughter shares it with the only female emperor of China, Wu Ze Tian. Referrals from Wuwei are relatively rare, so it makes me very happy to see!

    Congratulations again! There is a Wuwei yahoo group, too.

    Maria Bisceglia

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Research-China.Org said…

    Congratulations on your Gansu referral!! When you are ready to get her newspaper finding ad (with a photo months younger than her referral photos!), come visit us at www.research-china.org.

    All the best for a speedy trip!!

    Brian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home