Sarah's Story

Sunday, November 12, 2006

2004

In May of 2004 a visiting pastor came to my parent's church. He spoke of his new daughter from China. My dad was very quiet on the ride home. My mom asked him what he was thinking about and he said "I want to adopt a baby girl from China." My mom said " I was thinking the same thing."

At that point, my mom decided to talk to some people at her school who had adopted children from other countries. They gave her the phone number of a friend of theirs who had adopted 4 children already! That lady put my mom in touch with an Agency that handles adoptions from many countries around the world.

In September, my mom and dad made the decision to adopt from China. Then they started working on the pile of paperwork needed for an International Adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home