Sarah's Story

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

My mom is coming to get me!

Today my mom is taking a day off from work to finish packing and run last minute errands. She has to have everything packed by tonight so she doesn't have to think too much tomorrow morning. She is not too sharp in the morning.

About three weeks ago mom found out that her Travel Approval had arrived from China. She was very excited and jumped up and down when she heard the news. The Travel Approval is a document that allows her to come to China to get me! No wonder she was happy.

Unfortunately, she couldn't make plans to travel until her agency made an appointment for us at the American Consulate in Guangzhou. Finally, on November 16th she heard that the date of our Consulate Appointment was set for December 14, 2009. That was 13 days ago.

Tomorrow, at 4 o'clock in the morning (poor mom), my mom will leave the house for the airport. She will fly to Newark where she will meet up with the other families in her travel group. They will get on the airplane and ride for 13 hours until they arrive in Beijing.

She will stay in Beijing for 3 1/2 days getting over jet lag and playing tourist. Then she will get on a plane and fly to Lanzhou. I will get on a bus and travel from my home town (Wu Wei City) to Lanzhou. We will finally be together on December 7, 2009. I can't wait!!!!

My mom is hoping to post text and photos of her trip. Stop by to see what she is up to.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    Have a safe trip and I cannot wait to see you together:)

    Enjoy your time in China!

    joy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home