Sarah's Story

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 6 – I am Officially a Zeigler!

December 8 – Today I was adopted by my mama and papa!!!!! It happened in the Civil Affairs Office with two other families. I have to say, it wasn’t much fun for me, even though my mama brought toys and books for me to play with. My mama had to sign a bunch of papers with a lot of Chinese written on them. She had to rely on Guilan to tell her what to write and where to sign. It took forever for her to write everything. Finally I put my foot down (literally) and made it all official.

One of the things I am sad about is that my papa can’t be here in China to hold me. However I do know what he looks and sounds like because I get to see him every day on Skype. I can’t wait to meet him. He looks like he will be a lot of fun to play with. I have also seen my big brother, David, on Skype. I will meet him when he comes home for Christmas.

Just around dinner time today, my aunt Terry arrived in Lanzhou. She was supposed to come in yesterday, but she missed a connecting flight in Shanghai and had to wait to fly here until today. Aunt Terry is very entertaining and I am having lots of fun with her. Speaking of dinner, I love to eat! I especially love beef noodles, a specialty in this part of China. Somehow my mama can’t always find my mouth with the spoon and gets almost as messy as me during dinner!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Kim T said…

    Hurray! I can't wait to meet you!

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said…

    Congratulations Sarah! My daughter is a Gansu girl. It is fun to watch you make the journey through Lanzhou that my daughter took almost two years ago. She is from Pingliang, and there were some WuWei girls in the travel group as well... All the best. Sue
    http://www.threeinpink.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger murff said…

    Not too many things make me tear up, but this did. Sarah is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger Ed Seidman said…

    Congratulations to you both. We are looking forward to seeing you two back in Rochester.

    Ed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home