Sarah's Story

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 13 – Our last full day in Guangzhou and my last post in China






December 15 – Today was our last full day in Guangzhou. After breakfast we walked over to Sha Mian Island to do a bit of shopping. We were just coming out of a shop when we bumped into a family we had met in Lanzhou. They are from Chicago and are with a different adoption agency from us. We visited their hotel room at the Victory Hotel and then they came by a visited our room in the Holiday Inn. We showed them the pet store street on the way to our hotel.

While we were walking back to our hotel, it started to rain. Bummer. I wanted to see those kitties again, but they were all covered up to keep them dry. Mama took some pictures of me and Julia playing. After Julia and her parents left, I took a short nap. My Mama woke me up way before I was ready and dragged me downstairs to meet the rest of the families in our group. It was time to go to the American Consulate and finalize our visas.

I will be traveling to the US as citizen of China. My mama had to take an oath to get my visa for me….obviously, I don’t speak English yet. When I get to the US, my dad (who couldn’t travel with us) will have to adopt me before I can become an American citizen. Then I will get my US passport. Hooray! Even though my mama was happy to be at the American Consulate, I found it very boring and almost fell asleep….remember I didn’t finish my nap. I was ready to get on our bus and head for our Pearl River cruise.

The Pearl River is colorful at night. We ate at beautifully decorated tables while watching brightly colored buildings and boats go by. About halfway through the cruise a girl came out on the floor, dressed as a clown. She was a talented juggler! I tried to get close to her by wiggling out of my mama’s arms and running toward her. My mama is very quick and caught up to me. She held me much tighter after that! Hmmm, maybe I will learn to juggle, it looked fun. I fell asleep on the ride home and didn’t even wake up when Mama changed me into my pjs. I guess missing that nap did me in.

Tomorrow we leave Guangzhou. We will be taking a train to Hong Kong with the other families on our trip. Then, the next morning we fly out of Hong Kong to HOME. My mama is not looking forward to 15 hours in the air and a four hour layover before boarding a plane to Rochester. I don’t know why… I like to travel. J

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my adventures this past week. I hope to keep posting after I get home….but not every day. See you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home